Cooking for two? Here are my 7 Essential Cooking For Two KItchen Tools, that might be underestimated but I rely on day after day.
Essential thermometers, chef knife, slicing knife and baking sheet
- Thermometers take the guesswork out of knowing when foods are done. I have found them vital for ensuring success—especially when working on more than one recipe at once. If you want to stock your kitchen well, invest in an instant-read thermometer like this Thermoworks Thermapen for making Sesame Noodles with Lemon Chicken, Spatchcock Chicken and some many other dishes.
- I use a chef's knife for just about everything, from breaking down tough squash to butterflying a roast. A sharp, comfortable chef's knife is the most important tool in your kitchen like this Victorinox Swiss Army Fiborox Pro 8” Chef’s Knife.
- Want perfect slices on your holiday table? This is one job we will need to leave the chef's knife in the drawer. Instead, grab a slicing knife for beautiful slices that do not shred your meat. My favorite is this Victorinox Fibrox Pro 12-Inch Slicing Knife with Granton Edge and Black Handle and what I use to slice a roasted chicken or Turkey breast.
- When cooking two portions of food or you want to avoid hauling out a large baking sheet for small tasks such as toasting ramen noodles for a ramen noodle salad, I love using my Nordic Ware Naturals Quarter Sheet Pan.
Whisks, spatula, Dutch oven and hand blender
- The best metal whisks really can do it all, whipping, beating, mixing, and blending wet and dry ingredients to perfection. The OXO Good Grips 11" Balloon Whisk performs every task well. And it’s lightweight and comfortable to grip even for long periods. Perfect for whisking the egg base of a Frittata or a hollandaise sauce for Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon.
- A heatproof silicone spatula is one of the busiest tools in my kitchen. It’s very durable—withstanding high heat in a skillet or oven. My favorite spatula is the Rubbermaid 13.5” High-Heat Scraper.
- I love my Lodge 3 quart Dutch oven - It simmers, bakes, and braises beautifully. And It is incredibly durable and is only ⅓ of the price of my ultimate favorite Le Creuset 3 Qt Dutch oven!
- Immersion blenders are great for blending soups like roasted carrot, melon gazapacho on the stovetop and can also blend frozen fruit for smoothies and even emulsify dressings like the mint pesto in this Burrata Appetizer.
Our Table 4 2 essential kitchen tool reco's
To follow Our Table 4 2 Recipes these are my favorite tools to have in the kitchen.