When cooking for two, here are more must-have cooking for two kitchen tools to accurately follow Our Table 4 2's keeper recipes.
A cooking for two kitchen tools list
- Must have mixing bowls. This most basic piece of cooking equipment might not seem worthy of researching—until you have one that wobbles when you whisk, slips in your hand, or traps food in its crevices. I reach for them any time we mix up lemon blueberry cake or our favorite vinaigrette, or when simply melting butter. A good bowl should be so steady, durable, and comfortable to handle that it goes almost unnoticed while you work. Vollrath Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls and Pyrex Smart Essentials are my favorite mixing bowl sets
- Tongs have so many uses in the kitchen: handling and frying tortillas, rotating and transferring a roast, stirring and portions easy shrimp pasta, dredging and frying egg plant parmesan, and lots more. The Oxo 12" good grips tongs are a must have.
- The Rosle wire skimmer is perfect for when deep-frying, blanching, or boiling to remove food from a hot pot. I love using this to remove my poached eggs for Turkish Eggs or when making Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon.
- Fine-mesh strainers are great for rinsing rice, washing small quantities of herbs or vegetables, sifting flour or powdered sugar, and straining sauces and my favorite gazpacho with cantalope and sweet corn. This Rosle fine mesh strainer is super handy.
- J.K Adams carving board is the ticket when carving flank steak with mango.
- Rosle coarse grater fits the task for grating cheese when making tex-mex enchiladas and the Oxo microplane is perfect for zesting limes for easy guacamole or key lime pie for two
- 32 oz Mason jars are great for freezing soups and homemade chicken stock. While, the 8 oz wide mouth are great for storing 3 - ingredient blueberry jam, cream of chicken condensed soup and our favorite shallot vingarette.
Our Table 4 2 essential kitchen tool reco's
To follow Our Table 4 2 Recipes these are my favorite tools to have in the kitchen.